Post the right things, the right way, at the right time.
- The best content is new information or an extensive commentary on existing content.
- Be passionate about your blog and committed to providing information that matters.
- The more often you post, the more attention you receive.
- The more unique subject lines get higher search notice.
- The top 100 blogs post 5 – 6 times a day – 3 posts a week is the absolute minimum, if you want to make any headway at all, and 3 posts per day marks the beginning of a serious traffic increase.
- Your blog should be conversational, not formal, with a clear, authentic, and approachable voice.
- Less is more. Strive for simplicity and remove words until a sentence breaks – any words that don’t add meaning should be taken out.
- Write findable content – select words and phrases that match your target audience’s searches.
- Use lots of links.
- Be provocative.
SOURCES… real life experience and Publish and Prosper: Blogging for your Business