Post the right things, the right way, at the right time.
- The best content is new information or an extensive commentary on existing content.
- Be passionate about your blog and committed to providing information that matters.
- The more often you post, the more attention you receive.
- The more unique subject lines get higher search notice.
- The top 100 blogs post 5 – 6 times a day – 3 posts a week is the absolute minimum, if you want to make any headway at all, and 3 posts per day marks the beginning of a serious traffic increase.
- Your blog should be conversational, not formal, with a clear, authentic, and approachable voice.
- Less is more. Strive for simplicity and remove words until a sentence breaks – any words that don’t add meaning should be taken out.
- Write findable content – select words and phrases that match your target audience’s searches.
- Use lots of links.
- Be provocative.
SOURCES… real life experience and Publish and Prosper: Blogging for your Business
Wow – great tips. 5 or 6 posts a day? Admirable, but don’t those bloggers have jobs?
Ha! Yeah Gwen in those cases that is their job 🙂 They work for major corporations or I suppose someone employed as home-based blogger might fit into that category too. I find the 3 times per day quantity not too hard though – if you follow the other tips the book I based these off of that is.
Got it. I shoot for 3 posts a week, and that can be a challenge.
thanks! i’ll use em for sure
Great info, Kaia, It amazes me that some bloggers have time to post 5-6 times a day. They would have to be professional bloggers. Otherwise, one wouldn’t have time to do the work the blog is promoting! I’m enjoying blogging now… thanks for all the great advice!
Pingback: BOOK REVIEW | Publish and Prosper: Blogging for your Business | Musings of a Musician's Wife