The Astronaut Photographer
I feel like we never hear much about Canadians. But I’m glad I heard about this one.
Col. Chris Hadfield is a flight engineer on expedition 34 on the ISS with a love of photography. Every day on his Tumblr he posts one image for the world to see. His Twitter is also popular as he tweets those images and more. Hadfield has made all of this even more fun by engaging his fans in various photo challenges.
Chris is on the ISS until May 2013, but, don’t fret, it looks like he’s planning on going up for expedition 35 as commander on the ISS 🙂 Heck, I wish I could go and take pictures too!
- Swirls in the Sea of Mumbai
- Eight Clouds
- Snowy farms in Central Asia
- Inspiration for Pollock
- A Chameleon in sub-saharan Africa
- London at Night
- The Green Amazon Basin
- Andes Mountains + Pacific Fog
- A River Meets the Sea
- Clouds in the Sand
- One Big Dam
- The African Sun
- Earth has a Bellybutton!
- Ferngully Returns
- God Painted the Andes Mountains
- Venezuelan valley framed by misty clouds
- Cauliflower clouds over the Amazon Rainforest
- A Natural Work of African Art
- Weightless Water
- Australian river mouth
- And Australian River Crying in Agony
- An Angry Smoke Cloud in Australia
- The Great Snowstorm Divide
- An Astronaut’s Sunrise
- God’s Hidden Checkerboard
- The Bahamas from Space
- Medusa Lives in Africa
- Profile Portrait of a Pregnant Belly
- Wind Swept Southwestern Africa
- Lava Carbuncle
How would you caption this one?
Which one is your favorite?
If you haven’t already, check out my 100th Blog Post and enter for the giveaway!
Christ Hadfield: Twitter | Tumblr | Photo Contest